The Corporate Law Practice Area represents a wide array of business organizations from start-ups to large privately held entities to public companies.
We work on a broad range of complex issues including mergers and acquisitions, securities offering, venture capital, private equity, licensing, commercial lending, corporate governance, tax credit financing, family business planning, executive compensation, and the formation of investment funds.
Our clients range from small family businesses to large public corporations and are located all over the world in a variety of industries, including healthcare, telecommunications, real estate, technology, financial services, distribution, food services, manufacturing, and consumer products.
Legal needs addressed by this practice area:
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Securities / venture capital
- General corporate/ general counsel
- Corporate finance/ securities
- Private placements
- Private equity
- Venture capital
- Franchising/ franchisor and franchisee
- Emerging/ start-up companies
- Financial services
- Directors and officers liability
- Formation and dissolution
- Intellectual property
Our success over the last 30 years is affirmation that opportunities exist for professionals who are committed to staying abreast of the latest legal developments and who maintain a constant dialogue with their clients to foster a long-term, proactive relationship.
Automotive Dealership and Marine Industry Clients
Our lawyers have worked closely with numerous automobile and truck dealerships throughout the United States since 1982.
Evans Petree has represented a substantial number of automobile dealerships throughout the United States and represents more automobile dealerships in the Memphis Area than any other law firm.
Our lawyers have worked closely with numerous clients on a wide range of engagements. Some of the engagements that we can provide include:
- Merger and Acquisitions of dealerships
- Contract Review (Finance Agreements; Sales Contracts)
- Real Property transfers
- Like Kind exchanges of dealer franchises, including franchise agreement valuations
- Dealership Valuations (for estate planning, divorce, sale, etc.)
- Estate Planning
- Employment issues
- Captive Insurance Company
- Government Regulation Compliance
- Manufacturer Litigation
- State Motor Vehicle Commissions Hearings
- Product Liability Defense
- Consumer Claims Defense
Food, Beverage & Agribusiness Industry
Food, beverage and agribusiness are collectively among the world’s largest industry sectors, yet they’re highly fragmented in the number of industry participants.
There is no shortage of challenges facing businesses in the food, beverage and agricultural sectors – from government regulation and health, safety and environmental concerns to the rise of global consumer markets, supply-chain complexity, retail consolidation and business liquidity issues.
The Evans | Petree interdisciplinary Food, Beverage and Agribusiness Team draws on over 100 years of experience in helping families and companies in these subsectors achieve their business goals while managing transactional, regulatory and litigation risks.
We provide a full range of services to manufacturers, processors, packers, farmers, merchandisers, warehousemen, distributors, brokers, wholesalers and retailers, helping them structure and expand their operations, protect and strengthen their intellectual property, and navigate the regulatory processes.
Our Food, Beverage and Agribusiness Team understands the entire value chain, from the farm gate to production, packaging, distribution, marketing and retailing. Some representative services we provide to the food, beverage and agribusiness supply chains are outlined below:
- Product development support contracting
- Brand development and product licensing agreements
- Business transactions and mergers and acquisitions
- Environmental, health and safety
- Restaurant site selection analysis, site construction and facility build-out
- Facility evaluations and certifications
- Facility new construction and renovation
- Acquisitions and divestitures
- Capital markets financing
- Capital improvement budgeting
- Product labeling, packaging and recalls
- Intellectual property protection (including brand-name identification and protection)
- Industry promotion, advertising, web and e-commerce issues
- Customs matters and import/export activity
- Foreign trade zone matters
- Regulatory compliance
- Reorganizations, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights
- Labor and employment (including employee benefits/ERISA)
- Litigation and dispute resolution
- Food safety and transparency matters throughout the consumption supply chain
- Foodservice broadline, specialty and systems distribution
- Foodservice brokerage operations
- Further processing (multiple food groups)
- Spring and purified water sourcing, bottling and distribution
- Craft brewing
- Craft wine and spirits distilling
- Multi-unit restaurant operations
- Franchisor/franchisee representation
- Alcoholic/non-alcoholic juice and beverage distribution
- Agribusiness and farming inputs
- Agri-equipment (OEM, dealers and aftermarket)
- Farmland and farming operation purchase/sale transactions
- Farmland and farming operations succession and estate planning
- Farming cooperative operations/transactions
- Commodities trading operations
- Food, beverage and agribusiness research
- Transactional due diligence on projects throughout the food, beverage and agribusiness supply chains
Health Care Industry
Navigating through the challenges presented by the current healthcare environment is not easy, especially with increased government regulation and pressure to reduce costs. The Evans Petree Health Care team has the legal knowledge and experience to address regulatory and transactional issues as well as provide guidance on compliance issues, licensing, mergers and acquisitions, and physician contracting. Our attorneys have experience working with multi-specialty physician practices and understand the operational issues specific to the industry. Along with physicians and physician groups, our clients include hospitals, physician practice management companies, outpatient service providers, pharmaceutical companies, medical technology companies, clinical laboratories, dentists and optometrists. Using a team approach, the attorneys at Evans Petree can provide legal services to address our clients’ health care issues as well as other areas in which our health care clients may have needs, including labor and employment, construction, real estate, corporate law, collections, and litigation. We value the relationships with our clients and partner with them to be successful in this challenging environment.