Katharine Jungkind focuses on advising clients about specialty tax matters.
Her largest area of tax practice involves assisting clients with their employee benefit plans and programs, including retirement plans and welfare benefit plans. Her clients range from large corporations and governmental entities to small businesses and sole proprietorships. In addition, she works with tax exempt organizations on organizational and compliance issues. She also works in the probate, estate planning, and elder care planning areas, and provides general representation to small businesses.
Ms. Jungkind can assist clients with:
- Drafting qualified retirement plans, non-qualified retirement plans, beneficiary designations, forms, and employee communications regarding their benefit plans
- Complying with federal employee benefit laws and regulations
- Advising clients on Department of Labor and Internal Revenue Service requirements and changes to employee benefit programs
- Obtaining nonprofit status for organizations from the IRS and complying with state registration requirements, and preparing required annual filings
- Estate planning, elder care questions and planning and trusts and estate administration