Estate & Tax Planning in Light of the Trump Presidency- Are You Ready?
Oxford/Lafayette Chamber of Commerce Business Seminar Series Presented by Evans Petree PC
Friday, December 16th, 2016
Registration & Networking: 7:45am
Oxford Conference Center, 102 Ed Perry Blvd, Oxford, MS 38655
Tax, Trusts & Estate Planning Group, Evans Petree PC
It is important to plan for incapacity, the passage of assets at death, and possible marital issues. The Tax, Trusts & Estate Planning Group will discuss the steps that you and your loved ones should take to avoid possible future issues, and the potential consequences of failing to plan. Specifically, they will discuss:
- Possible changes to the tax code a President Trump administration and Republican Congress may enact
- The advantages of having financial powers of attorney and advance care directives in place
- When the probate of assets is necessary, and the potential advantages of avoiding probate
- The role of trusts in the estate plan, and the asset protection they offer a spouse and children
- The current configuration of federal taxes pertaining to your estate planning, including recently proposed rules that would increase the tax cost of gifting the family business
- The use of prenuptial and post-nuptial agreements to protect family businesses/assets
This event is free to Chamber members, clients, and friends. Space is limited so please reserve as soon as possible. Please contact Rachel Silvers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (901) 474-6106 to register or for more information.